If you are using a custom domain for your email, you need to set up the DNS records to send email from your custom domain instead of ‘email@example.com’ while you are sending emails from Richpanel. This will verify your domain ownership.
Please follow the steps below to set up DNS records of your domain settings which you will find in your hosting provider such as GoDaddy, Shopify, Hostgator, Bluehost, etc. ).
1. Once you add an email with a custom domain, you will get the option of Advanced Settings on the email settings screen. You can also access the email settings screen by going to the menu Customer Channels >> Email >> Settings of the email you are connecting.
Look for the Advanced Settings link at the bottom of the page.
2. Now click on the Advanced Settings link and you will get the DNS records in a window as shown below.
3. Copy these DNS records (TXT & CNAME) to update the DNS in your domain provider. This process of DNS updating varies from host to host, so we’ve collected links below to the setup instructions for some of the major ones. If your domain provider is not listed here, please search for “DNS records’ in the knowledge base of your provider or get in touch with their support.
4. Once you have updated the DNS records with your hosting provider, it may take up to 6 hours to reflect. Please click on the Refresh button and check if the status of the records change to Valid. This indicates that your domain has been successfully verified.
5. Now, send a test email to your connected email id and vice versa to confirm that the email is successfully connected to your Richpanel inbox.