There are two ways you can assign a conversation to a team or a team member.
i) Manual assignment.
ii) Rule-based assignment
To manually assign a conversation, follow these steps:
1. Open the customer conversation that you would like to assign.
2. On top of the chat, you will find the names of the agents and teams in a dropdown box.
3. Click on the dropdown option and select the team or users member that you find most appropriate to deal with the customer.
Once you select, the team member will be notified straight away if they are active online on Richpanel platform. The assigned user will see the conversation in his Richpanel inbox.
You can also create rules to automatically assign conversations based on conditions.
1. Go to the menu Assignment Rules as shown below.
2. Set the Condition based on which the conversation will be assigned to the specified team. You can always add, edit and delete the rules.